Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Before and After

...of our new desk!

A couple weeks ago I searched and searched on craigslist for a desk with lots of drawers that was still cute and small, but could also house hanging files. It also needed to be not too nice so that I didn't feel bad painting it. I found the perfect one, paid $50 for it, and then it sat at my parents house for weeks while we waiting to move in and see what color it should be.



I had originally wanted to paint it a fun, bright color, but that doesn't really go with the modern, muted colors in our new place (which you will see in a post soon! we have a few more things to hang on the walls). So I ended up settling on a dark, muted navyish color, but bought the cutest green drawer pulls. It turned out better than I had hoped! Spray paint works wonders -- I highly recommend it. We had spray painted our bedroom furniture awhile back, so I kinda knew how it worked...but I forgot one very important thing - the spray handles! They make it so that you don't have to use your pointer finger the whole time. Hard to explain, but let's just say after a few minutes of spraying, my hands were stuck in a claw shape. BUT I had to keep spraying bc one, it was getting dark outside by the minute, and two, you have to apply the paint to the primer within an hour of putting it on, so I had to finish before it got dark. Not to mention the fact that it was FREEZING outside and the only shoes I had were my Uggs, which I did not want to ruin, so I was in my SOCKS on WET ground. Hence the almost frostbite. :) Though my forearms and hands had trouble doing simple things like locking my apt door or opening a can of soup today, the result was worth it! TADAHHHH!









I love it!!!

7 comments:

Sandra Edwards said...

That looks adorable! I love it!!

Donald and Angela said...

This looks so great! I'm impressed! I love the blue!! More pictures, more pictures!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

love the desk!! its so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, This looks really nice! I have a cute little chest of drawers at my house.....

Unknown said...

Lauren this is beautiful. Love the color you chose. I have a cute littel chest of drawers at my house......

Vicky said...

I am super impressed with your desk make-over! So cute!

Kristian and Katy said...

this looks soooo good! i LOVE it! you did an amazing job!